Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: Norma ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Tyco Handrails $$$$$$
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Train Dies and Molds Topic Next Topic: 35 PTs for $54...not a bad deal.  

Purdue
Switcher

Posted - March 29 2011 :  9:14:00 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Purdue to Buddylist
Did anybody see the Tyco Handrail set on E-bay that just sold for $41.00???? WOW. If I need hand rails that bad, I just buy a cheap locomotive with rails in tact and salvage it.... A lot cheaper than $41.00! Of course, maybe someone wanted them with the original package just to place in the box with a locomotive for collection purposes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: October 06 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 03 2011 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - March 29 2011 :  9:48:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Tyco engines just look so unrealistic without their handrails. I'd say the handrails add $40 of value
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 20 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Big Six

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - March 30 2011 :  8:04:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
This is why I go around the trains show buying junker engines with their handrails for $5 when I find them.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 394  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: November 22 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - March 30 2011 :  9:01:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
This is why I go around the trains show buying junker engines with their handrails for $5 when I find them.

Originally posted by AF Kid - March 30 2011 :  8:04:25 PM

Where do you find mid-'60's Mantua centercab switcher junkers at? Both the ones I just bought are missing the handrails, and haven't seen ANY like this at shows for parts.

Photo courtesy of some Tyco Forum link

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3021  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: November 23 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeremy
Little Six

Posted - March 30 2011 :  9:30:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeremy to Buddylist
That was my auction, to say I was surprised would be an understatement. Good to know I actually sold one of those crazy auctions.

Jeremy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 164  ~  Member Since: August 01 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 30 2011 :  10:40:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I found a used unboxed Tyco Domino Sugar covered hopper at a train show that was nice. Bought it for $3 dollars. Put it on Ebay w/starting bid of 99 cents. It sold for $41 and some change! I could not believe it! The buyer left me positive feedback and everyone was happy
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2810  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: November 23 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

detroitterminal
Switcher

Posted - April 09 2011 :  1:30:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add detroitterminal to Buddylist
I found some Tyco handrail sets at a trainshow in Toledo a few years back for $1.00 per set. I quickly bought them up!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 81  ~  Member Since: March 14 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 08 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Big Six

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - April 09 2011 :  8:11:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Jerry that is my secret..... If I told you, I wouldn't be able to find them. At the show I met toptrain and some of the guys, I found a LN Tyco Coney Island trolley and a early Tyco UP Plymouth switcher for $15 total.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 394  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: November 22 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 09 2011 :  10:16:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Jerry that is my secret..... If I told you, I wouldn't be able to find them.

Originally posted by AF Kid - April 09 2011 :  8:11:49 PM

Well, I just got two sets of handrails today for the Tyco T227 switchers...attached to two MORE. $15 for the pair, they were stripped down and in pieces, but all there it seemed. So I'll have 2 of 4 Switchers with handrails now. :) First time I'd seen these for parts, one vendor at the Timonium show had a bunch of older Tyco stuff. Pretty nice, I spent quite a bit at his tables. Found two cow-catcher/pilots for something, Tyco / Bachmann? at $3 each. Had some good moments today, anyway. Will post pictures on Sunday.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3021  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: November 23 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 10 2011 :  07:19:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
It would not be too tough to go to the LHS and get some.022, I think, piano wire, use another engine as a guide, and bend your own replacements.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2431  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: August 02 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jbsmith966
Little Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - April 11 2011 :  9:53:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
Would not Athearn handrails work on some Tyco locos? The metal ones that came with Athearns Blue Box locos are still available.

Im sure that with a bit of imagination and a pair of pliers,,,,there must be some that come close enough.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 187  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: November 23 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

fritdude
Switcher

Posted - April 26 2011 :  7:04:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fritdude to Buddylist
I know that with some very slight modification that the Bowser (Stewart) set for the Alco C630 will work on the Tyco Alco 630. It seems like every Tyco I have ever seen are without the handrails. I have several Alcos with the Stewart part, and they are better scale-wise than the original. At 4.03 for the set, it is hard to beat. Try them at
http://www.bowser-trains.com/Prices/Bowser%20Stewart%20Prices.htm
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 43  ~  Member Since: December 11 2010  ~  Last Visit: November 23 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Train Dies and Molds Topic Next Topic: 35 PTs for $54...not a bad deal.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000